Terms and Conditions
- Your initial deposit reserves your event date and is non-refundable.
- We must receive the balance by the week before the event or contract is null and void. The deposit will not be refunded and the cake or other items will not be delivered. However, if you need to change dates or move your event, please call us and we’d be happy to make accommodating arrangements at if possible. Deposits are required at the sole discretion of Jerusalem Cake Design.
- The final date for any changes of size, style or flavours of the cake is 1-2 weeks before the event. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
- The final balance is due the week before the event date. The cake will not be delivered if final payment has not been received.
- Delivery and setup is fee is subject to contract agreed.
Delivery and setup is required for all wedding cakes and for some multiple tiered special occasion cakes. Additional charges for this service would be noted on your billing. Pick up times for your cake or treats are between 9am-1pm. Please make arrangements in advance and arrive to pick up your cakes on time.
- We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 23 degrees or below.
- Should you decide to host the event outside, you assume all risks of temperatures effecting the cake. Butter, margarine and chocolate have melting temperatures around 30 degrees and heat may effect the look, taste or safety of this edible item.
- If you or your representative elect to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves Jerusalem Cake Design’s possession.
- On occasion we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you. Our designs are the intellectual property of Jerusalem Cake Design and may not be reproduced or marketed without our written consent.
- Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
- Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of Jerusalem Cake Design to complete the agreement and is subject to labor disputes or strikes, war, acts of terror, accidents, Acts of God, and other causes beyond our control.
Cancelation PolicyCommunication is key, if you are up-front about any issues about your date we will work hard to accommodate you. We understand things can come up that are out of your control. However the initial 50% deposit is still unrefundable.
Kashrut (Jewish Dietary Standards)Jerusalem Cake Design does not currently have official Kashrut Certification. We run a kosher kitchen by Orthodox standard, only use trusted certified kosher products, and can provide a letter of “Neemanut” stating that our levels of kashrut can be relied upon.You are responsible for ensuring that your hall or venue will accept the cake and that Jerusalem Cake Design bears no responsibility for any issues that may result from the status of Kashrut. Higher levels of certification are available, but these arrangements need clarification a the time of placing the order.
Our Guarantee:We promise to do everything in our power to deliver you a cake that exceeds your expectations. We will work with you on every level to make sure you are completely satisfied and happy with your cake. Please note that colors and design of actual cake may vary slightly from the sketch or computer mock-up due to the nature of digital and edible components. Certain creative changes may be made to your final design for the sake of stability, structural integrity or other certain emergencies.
In the case of an emergency or an error in your cake delivery, please contact us immediately so we can fix the issue right away! If you are unhappy with your cake for any reason, please call us the day of your event and explain the situation. In the rare case that you are unhappy with your cake and would like a refund, you must call the day of your event so your cake can be returned. Without proof that you are indeed unhappy with the product and will not be using it for your event, we will be unable to refund any portion of your payment. This is necessary to hinder the very rare case of “If we complain, we’ll get a free cake” issue we occasionally come across. We are dedicated to satisfying our clients cake requirements. Please call or email if you have any questions please call 054-944-5434 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
On paying the deposit, we understand that you are in agreement with these terms and conditions.